Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Purgatory

I realized I've hit a slump, one I don't think I'll be able to get out of until this fall...

I recently completed Mass Effect 3 (a little late to the party, but whatever). I completed the story of my Shepard that I've been keeping up since the original. I had my wisdom teeth taken out, so I figured recovery time equals more Xbox time, so I went crazy. I spent hours completing the story, with the occasional break on multiplayer to get my galactic readiness up. But after all the hours spent saving the universe, it was over.

The end.

I've attempted to play video games afterward, but nothing is very satiating. Dust: An Elysian Tale is a bore, and a disappointment; I really only forge in Halo: Reach anymore, although the multiplayer is fun; nothing seems fun anymore. I think I might just be burned out from gaming right now. I was even super excited for the launch of Counter Strike for XBLA, bought it today, played for half an hour, and turned it off. I couldn't do it. It just didn't feel fun.

Has this ever happened to you? My oh so miniscule reader base? Have you been burned-out of video games? I'm really hoping this gestation period ends soon. I think I'll be satiated when Dishonored launches in October, the same day as my birthday :)

Leave your burn out story in the comments, and share this with your buddies and stuff. I need readers, dammit :P

-Frankie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment